One activity that we chose to take part in was to think of things that bring us joy and to write them down. While I didn't have a chance to do this during the full Flower Moon due to two very snuggly kitties, I still sat and meditated on what brings me joy. Even the littlest thing was stored away in a mental file for later use. When I woke up the next morning, I experienced my "perfect day." It was amazing, like something had shifted.
We all need those little things, like I wrote about several weeks ago. Sometimes the media and our own life experiences allow us to just wade through a mucky swamp of negativity which does absolutely nothing for us except bring us down even deeper. Do you recall a time when this happened to you? What brought you out of it? Do you remember how sticky it was and how more negativity was almost magnetically drawn to you at that time?
Here is a list of things that bring me joy, and this list is not all-inclusive. I've made it a goal to find something joyous every day, no matter how trite or insignificant it may seem.
- This home. My home, that I'm paying mortgage on. I am delighted with my home. It speaks to who I am. Especially my bright turquoise half-bath.
- The two furballs who were snuggling with me and continue to snuggle every chance they get. I am overcome with love and joy whenever they're near.
- My parents. Their support and encouragement has seen me through good times and bad.
- My baby sister. Although she is not on this earthly plane anymore, memories and photos bring me joy (as do her text messages.)
- Being surrounded by antique family belongings... my Dad's Japanese screen and monkeypod coffee table as well as my great-aunt's globe bring me a sense of centeredness and connection.
- Salted caramel coffee. No explanation required.
- Receiving the news that I do not need open heart surgery at this time.
- Sharing the news that I do not need open heart surgery at this time.
- Seeing friends share engagement photos on Facebook and Twitter.
- The friendships that I've made through social media. Random, but joyous!
- My spiritual practices.
- Love ... love from anyone and everyone who has extra to give all over the world.
- My dear friends who make sure that I don't become a hermit.
- The promise of tomorrow.
I would love to hear some things that bring YOU joy!
|Flamingo leggings make me happy, too!|